A LITTLE BIT
Candles can make any moment special. But how special is it really if we’re inconspicuously compromising the quality of the air we breathe just for the sake of creating a little ambiance?
Infusing any room or outdoor space with the entrancing aroma and illuminating flicker of light from a beautiful candle shouldn’t have to be so risky.
We’re pretty sure that the health of our friends, our families, our pets and our environment is far more important than anything else. By swapping out all synthetic ingredients and perfume oils for pure plant-based ingredients that bring us back to what Mother Nature does best, our hand poured soy candles will light up your everyday moments in the safest and most sustainable way possible.
From Personal Passion to Eco-Friendly Mission
An artist at heart, Colleen DeSantis’ personal passion for eco-conscious living was what kindled her ambition to begin crafting handmade candles that not only support the health of the environment and people, but also emanate true brilliance and authentic charm. Her creative quest toward mastering both the art and science of producing some the most luxurious and eco-friendly candles was what led to the launch of her company based in Okotoks, Alberta, Canada.
Over the past 12 years, Natura Soylights has evolved to become one of the leading candle companies to offer handcrafted artisan candles free of toxic and unsustainable ingredients without sacrificing scent quality.
It’s more than what’s on the outside that counts. We believe in going the extra mile by sourcing the finest ingredients directly from nature to produce candles that are both beautiful and eco-friendly.
With every purchase, we guarantee you’ll enjoy a product that is:
● made with pure plant-based ingredients safe for people and the environment
● naturally scented with essential oils using tested recipes
● long lasting and clean burning with no wax left on the sides
● biodegradable and easy to clean up any spilled wax with soap and water
● Minimal packaging,it’s what’s inside that counts, right?
Candle Making That Truly Takes the All Natural Approach
All of our candles are made from pure soy wax–a natural vegetable oil derived from soybeans. In comparison to what’s generally available from other retailers, your average paraffin candle is made from petroleum oil that produces soot containing as many as 11 toxins, including carcinogens toluene and benzene.
Soy wax is a natural, renewable resource that’s carbon neutral and produces as much as 90 percent less soot than paraffin products. It also emits no known carcinogens.
When it comes to sourcing our ingredients to produce the most eco-friendly candles, we’re committed to using:
● only the highest quality soy wax from 100% pure soybeans
● premium, essential oils without any added fillers
● lead-free wicks made from paper or cotton
● all North American sourced materials free of pesticides and herbicides
● absolutely no paraffin, petroleum, palm or other harmful additives
● absolutely no animal testing (except for when our dogs sneakily lick up a sample here and there)
Every little eco-conscious change we decide to make contributes to a bigger difference, and if we can accomplish that with great products that really capture the senses, then it’s positively worth it!