WE ARE HIRING!
Location: Okotoks, AB
Pay Rate: $15/hr
Hours: 20+ week
As a Production Assistant you will work alongside our Production Manager and follow production schedule and directives with ease.
We are a quickly growing company and have many types of projects going on, so you will need the ability to shift gears quickly when asked and multitask. Your days will involve loading several hundred pounds of wax into melting vats, wick preparation, setting up glassware, overall candle making prep and cleaning, tending to finished candles prior to packaging, labeling, assembling handcrafted packaging carefully, and case packing product and getting it out for our customers!
You will also keep the studio stocked with materials, inventory management, clean and organize the studio at the end of the day. Handcrafting skills are important as our products take time and care to assemble.
We love to have fun, throw on some tunes, have a good laugh but we would need you to still maintain focus, skill, and speed to help us maintain our output goals. There is room for growth for the right candidate to become an integral part of our creative family!
Candle making work is very physical! A few must-haves: You must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly and have the ability to stand on your feet between 6 to 8 hours per day. As you will be working in a candle studio, assisting with daily candle production, you must be able to tolerate smelling fantastically fragrant! A love for dogs is also a big must have!.
- Availability days- (2-4 days a week, Monday to Thursday)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have completed high school or some equivalent
Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to multitask and manage time is essential
- Basic computer skills are required - Shipping programs, payment processing
- Focused individual with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to self-manage
- Must be self-motivated and take initiative
- Effective listening skills and the ability to follow directions
- Ability to adapt and change in a fast-paced environment
- Results orientated
- Reliable, honest and responsible
- Possess a positive attitude
We are truly looking for a team-player who is interested in joining our work-hard, play-hard culture. Being a team member at Natura Soylights goes beyond the standard job description, and everyone is empowered to work together to develop new products, make improvements on our current, and utilize their creativity to grow the business!
Interested parties please send resume and cover letter to Colleen at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting closes March 22th—We’ll be in touch if we’re excited to meet you!